VISION AND VALUES
Trinity is a biblical, empowered evangelical church, expressing the Kingdom of God to the local community, the UK and beyond.
The Trinity vision is ďto make committed followers of Jesus who change communities and nations for himĒ.
Statement of Purpose
Our purpose for the church is to produce mature, reproducing Christians.
By maturity we mean lives and churches that are built on the Bible and express the balanced priorities of the Bible and Godís Kingdom.
By reproducing we mean lives and churches that generate other mature Christians and churches. Blessing is not for us alone Ė it is to be given away.
Balanced maturity is expressed by our core values.
Statement of Core Values
Every house is built upon a foundation. Trinity is built upon the foundation of our theology - how we think about God Ė and our values, the kind of ideas and attitudes that we feel are important.
Exalting Godís presence
Going to the lost and bringing them from darkness to light.
Equipping Godís people
Sharing life together, growing in relationships, caring and pastoring
Expressing Godís love
Our Mission as a church is to be a relevant church, that does not exist for itself, but for Christ and for the world.
- The worst that a church can be called is irrelevant
- At Trinity, irrelevance is irreverence.
- A relevant church is a holistic church.
- A holistic church cares about:
a. The truth of God
b. The power of God
c. The love of God
- The picture we have is of a church that runs on all 8 cylinders.
- A relevant church keeps it real.
- A relevant churchís brand of Christianity is empowered evangelical.
- A relevant church reaches out to the least, the last and the lost.
- A relevant church is one in which everyone gets to play.
- A relevant church is vertically orientated.
- A relevant church celebrates Godís amazing grace.
- A relevant church helps people deal with the Ďnot yetís of life.
- A relevant church believes that Godís Kingdom comes when we work together.
Trinityís Dreams for the next 3/5 years
- To actively pursue the dream to grow to 3000 and beyond members, growing together in spiritual maturity and reproducing life.
- To find, buy/rent and move into an appropriate plant/worship centre.
- To increase our influence and impact on the Church in the UK and overseas, that we might provide resource and training in this region and beyond.
- To develop or provide a school of theology and worship.
- To have an emphasis on theology, leadership and mission.
- To connect increasing numbers of people to lasting, fulfilling and frequent involvement in Trinity Church.
- To create a process of recruiting, training, supporting worshippers, as committed partners/members in mission.
- To develop a unified and expanding team of growing leaders, to ensure effective leadership for ministry in Trinity and beyond.
- To pioneer pro-active Christian engagement with our culture and world, locally and globally.
Statement of Faith
As we stand firmly at the centre of orthodox Christian doctrine, affirming the Apostles, Nicene and Chalcedonian creeds, which we believe to reflect Christian orthodoxy and the clear teaching of the Bible, we would want to emphasise that we are both evangelical and charismatic - that is to say, empowered evangelicals
In addition we make the following confession of faith:
- We believe in one living and true God, the Creator and Lord of the heavens and the earth. In the unity of the Godhead there are 3 persons, one substance, equal in power and eternity; God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit.
- We believe that Jesus Christ is truly God and truly man, yet one Messiah, the only Mediator between God and man. There is no other name under heaven whereby we must be saved.
- We believe that Jesus Christ came down from heaven, was incarnate by the Holy Spirit and was born of the Virgin Mary. He lived a sinless life in perfect obedience to the Father, and was crucified for our sins. He suffered, died and was buried, and rose bodily from the dead on the 3rd day. As the God-man Jesus Christ ascended into heaven, and sits at the right hand of God the Father, interceding for His people. At His 1st coming Jesus inaugurated the Kingdom of God.
- We believe in the Holy Spirit, who came forth from the Father and the Son, to convict the world of sin, righteousness and judgement; and to regenerate, sanctify and empower for ministry every believer in Jesus Christ. He is the abiding helper, teacher and guide. We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, in the exercise of all biblical gifts of the Spirit.
- We believe that all men and women are sinners by nature and choice, and are under condemnation. We are counted as righteous before God only by the merits of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, through faith in Him alone, not by our own works or deserving.
- We believe that we have been born again by the regenerating power of the Holy Spirit. This same Holy Spirit now lives in us, producing faith, holiness, love and power.
- We believe in the divine inspiration, truthfulness and authority of both the Old and New Testament Scriptures in their entirety, without error in all they affirm, and as the only infallible rule for our faith and practice.
- We believe that the Church is intended by God to be a worshipping community of believers, observing the ordinances of Christ, governed by His law, exercising the gifts, privileges and discipline invested in the Church by His word and His Holy Spirit, and seeking to extend the gospel of Jesus Christ to the ends of the earth.
- We believe that all Christians are to be baptised in obedience to the Lordís commands in Scripture. We believe that the Lordís supper is open to all believers, and that through the Holy Spirit, Jesus feeds us spiritually as we take bread and wine. It brings to our remembrance the sacrifice of Jesus for our sins, our communion with Christ and the Church, and our obligation to persevere in faith and holiness to the end of our lives.
- We believe in the personal and visible return of Christ to the earth and the consummation of His kingdom; in the resurrection of His Body, the final judgement and eternal blessings of the righteous, and the eternal separation from God for others.